Sunday, October 12, 2008

"Igor" - spoiler movie review

The trailer for "Igor" looked cute, and when I noticed that John Cusack (who I like) was the voice of the lead character, I decided it was something I wanted to see. We didn't get around to it for a while and only had the chance to see it today.

I thought the movie was ok, but it was pretty light and really something aimed mostly at kids. Igor longs to be an evil scientist but his physical appearance made that almost impossible. His monster creation turns out to be much different than he expected, and a desperate attempt to make her evil only results in her turning into a prima donna actress. Oh, and she adopts the name Eva, but not to be confused with Wall-E's girlfriend. Stuff happens, and everyone (ok, most everyone) ends up happy in the end.

I liked a lot of the bits about the cat who couldn't die (and Steve Buscemi voiced it very well), but otherwise, I was often bored by the story.

Both the husband and I were amazed at how much the mayor of Malaria looked an awful lot like the mayor of Halloweentown. I really kept expecting his head to spin around.



Malaria's mayor.


Halloweentown's mayor.



Can't really recommend the movie. It might be ok as a rental at home.

No comments: