Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thanksgiving, got milk? and Bret Thompson

Thanksgiving is two weeks from today, and many people are planning their Thanksgiving menus.

As I mentioned in May, MILK entered into a partnership with the got milk? folks, and for Thanksgiving, that partnership has launched another promotion.

Here's the press release that includes comments from Chef Bret Thompson, owner of MILK, with regard to the low-cost recipes that he has for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Here's the link to the tasty recipes. The corn soup looks really good, but the husband and I laughed when we saw that, knowing Bret's penchant for corn. The thing that looks best to me is the green beans with caramelized onions and toasted almonds, since I'm a fan of green bean casserole. I'd leave off the rosemary sprig, though, since it's just a garnish and I have issues with rosemary. The husband was impressed with the apple cranberry bread pudding, but apple cranberry doesn't scream my name, so I'm not really into that, but the pumpkin profiteroles look pretty good.

After the recipes, you'll also find a list of top 10 money saving shopping tips.

4 comments:

Ilene said...

If food was screaming your name...I'd worry alot

Perky Mommy said...

You know in Cars when the Ferrari comes into the shop and Luigi is overflowing with his Eyetalian happiness? That's me right now. I have been looking for a sweet potato gratin recipe that doesn't call for cream for a really long time. I am so happy. Now if I could find a regular potato gratin recipe. Thanks for the links!!!!

Sherry said...

I want to make, like 3 or 4 of those recipes. I need to calm down, because we all know I'm not going to have time to do that.

Anonymous said...

I definitely have to try and make the sweet potato gratin and the green bean casserole. I would love to make the pumpkin profiteroles but that's a little too time intensive for me.