Wednesday, November 26, 2008

more peanutty goodness

I have previously posted about Peanut Butter & Co., and I discovered that they recently started a blog! There's some interesting information about various events they've been to (I don't know about the peanuts and ketchup thing - even if it wasn't really ketchup and was actually sundried-tomato-infused cream - that's at least a little different; and I love ketchup, but I just don't know about the pb&k combo), and I love the mom's story about chocolate peanut butter chiffon pie.

At this point, I've tried a few of the peanut butter flavors they offer, and I'm kind of so-so on them overall. I liked the flavor of the regular peanut butter, but the separation of the oil and the super-human strength necessary needed to recombine the parts, which never entirely worked for me, really turned me off. The dark chocolate variety is too sweet for me, and the spicy variety is too spicy for me, but I've found that a sandwich made with one variety on each side makes a really good combo. There are a few flavors I won't be trying at all because I don't care for some of the ingredients, but I might try the flavors with honey and maple syrup just to see. But I'm sticking with reduced fat Jif as my go-to peanut butter of choice.

I've had the peanut butter pretzels, and they were Y-U-M-M-Y, so I don't dare order them again! They don't seem to have brownies and peanut butter cookies available through the website like they've had previously, but next time I'm in New York, their sandwich shop is definitely on the list of places to visit.

No comments: