Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bath & Body Works

I haven't been in a Bath & Body Works in a really long time. I used to like to go in periodically to pick up random things either for myself or other people. I went into a store today, and everything looks so different and changed around. The small sample sizes of lotions and gels and such used to be in a bunch of baskets around a pole that you could spin around. Now, they're all just in bins. There were also lots of new scents that I don't remember seeing before.

I was in the store to get some more of the Coconut Lime Verbena shower gel because I'm running out. I originally found the scent when we were in a Reno hotel last year, and I really love it. I like the whole Coconut Lime Verbena line, but I only bought the gel since I still have the lotion in that flavor that a friend gave to me. But, they were having a "buy one, get one 50% off" sale, so that worked out.

There are a couple of other flavors that I like from the store, which I have lotions for. I had first discovered Mango Mandarin - I love the smell of mangoes. I also picked up Plumeria a few years ago - that's a great smell too. I don't tend to like very strong-smelling or perfumy lotions, so I think that's why the fruit and light flowery smells work for me. I also have liked the Sun-Ripened Raspberry, which I still have a little bit of lotion of, but the husband *hates* raspberries, and he's complained that the scent of that lotion is too strong for him, so I don't use that lotion unless he's out of town. But I like their lotions because they're smooth and easy to put on without being too oily or leaving too much residue. And they smell nice!

I also have a little travel bag for toiletries, but I've been finding for a while now that it's actually too small, and I'm having to cram my stuff into it and then putting whatever doesn't fit into the husband's bag if we're travelling together. I found this nice bag at the store, so I picked it up, but it wasn't on sale at the store. Oh well.

I was walking around the mall with a Bath & Body Works bag, and because I had to do some gift shopping at Nordstrom, I had one of their bags as well. I was so pretending to be a girlie today! Yeah, I know, so not me. ;)

1 comment:

Sherry said...

OMG, you bought a train case?! That's way girly. I'm actually going to open a new tube of Coconut & Lime Verbena creamy body wash today, if I ever get my butt out of this chair. Oh, and Mango Mandarin is one of my favorites, too.