Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Doubt" for sure

While at the movies this past weekend, I saw the trailer for "Doubt". I think I've heard of the play, and I've seen the one-sheet for the movie, but I didn't really know much about it. The movie is about a nun who suspects a priest of improper behaviour towards a student and is relentless in her pursuit of "the truth", but is she instead making up accusations where no wrong-doing has occurred? The film stars Meryl Streep as the nun and Philip Seymour Hoffman as the priest.

The trailer looks really good, and it seems to be a very tense and involved movie, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. I'm glad that I like Meryl Streep again, so that's not a hindrance to me seeing this movie, but I'm disappointed that this film is being released this year because it's very much "Oscar bait", and I think she's going to be touted for her performance in this film as opposed to in "Mamma Mia", which is not generally Oscar material.

Here's the trailer for the film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The trailer looks great. I hadn't heard about this one but I would definitely be interested in seeing this movie based on the trailer.