Friday, November 7, 2008

a different kind of "Repo Man"

I just heard about a movie coming out this weekend called "Repo! The Genetic Opera", and the plot actually sounds kind of funny. A company is letting people finance receiving organs, but if they don't keep up their payments, then the organs are repossessed.

That's some wickedly evil black humour.

Anthony Head aka Giles from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" is listed as playing the repo man, so I'm figuring he has a fairly big role. I really like him and haven't seen him since his blink-and-you-missed-it one-line role in the film version of "Sweeney Todd". The film also lists the diverse casting of Sarah Brightman and Paris Hilton, and Paris is supposedly quite good in this, whatever it is she's doing.

It might be a bit too bloody for me, but then again, I did see "Sweeney Todd" and hell, I even saw "Black Sheep".

Hmmm, the last sort-of-musical I saw was "Hamlet 2", so this might be something worth catching as well.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

You had me at "Anthony Head." I want to go!