Thursday, February 5, 2009

Disney and Star Wars

The Walt Disney Company has had a partnership with Lucasfilm, Ltd. for some time, resulting in things like the Star Tours attraction on both coasts, the Indiana Jones attraction at Disneyland and the Indiana Jones stunt show at Disney/MGM which is now called Disney's Hollywood Studios or something like that. There's also been quite a bit of merchandise released with various Disney characters dressed as various Star Wars characters and even Mickey dressed as Indiana Jones.

Of the four parks at Walt Disney World, Epcot is my favorite, for all kinds of reasons and probably also for reasons I can't even articulate.





In the picture above, you see the iconic symbol of Epcot, the ball that holds the ride Spaceship Earth, which is a pretty cool ride, especially since the track goes up in the ball.

Can you imagine if the partnership between Disney and Lucasfilm were extended even further? Well, someone has. A friend sent me this link. I have no idea what the impetus was, but it's pretty funny, moreso if you're a Disney and Star Wars geek, which I am, which the husband is, which many of my friends are.

So, I wonder what kind of ride Spaceship Earth would be under that circumstance. Or maybe it would be called Spaceship Empire?

No comments: