Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the 13th

This year, there are three months in which the 13th day of the month happens to fall on a Friday. Some people view such days to be indications of bad omens. I'm just discovering that those days for me are indications of very busy weekends.


Friday, February 13, 2009

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" returns from its hiatus to a new night, moving from Monday to Friday. The last episode before the break was a bit odd, so I'm interested to see where the story is going to go. And TV Guide online's description of this week's episode indicates the appearance of a particular character, which I'm interested in, but I'm also interested in seeing the person portraying that character.





This Friday also sees the debut of Joss Whedon's new show called "Dollhouse". I don't know much about it, but I love the look of the billboard ads I've been seeing as well as the tagline: "She can be anyone, except herself." And hey, I became a Joss fan with "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", and I also like Eliza Dushku, so I'm looking forward to seeing the show.





On the theatrical side, this Friday will mark, appropriately enough, the release of the remake "Friday the 13th". Yep, Jason reigns again. I'm not a huge horror fan, but not because I don't like them. I just have a really hard time not getting scared out of my mind by them, so because I often have trouble handling the really bad ones, I don't see many of them. But I have seen a number of films in the "Friday the 13th", "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Halloween" series, and the trailer for this new version of Jason's journeys actually looks really good. The husband wants to see the movie, so I've decided I'm going with him. He has agreed that we'll go to a daytime showing, as I hope that will give me time to get over the movie before it starts to get dark. And yes, I'll be bringing Teddy, who is probably going to have his head severely mangled.


Friday, March 13, 2009

The movie "Race to Witch Mountain", a remake of the original "Escape to Witch Mountain", will be released that day, and we already have our tickets for a screening at the El Capitan Theatre. I loved the original (though I don't remember much about it anymore), and the trailer for the new film looks great, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Also released that day is "Sunshine Cleaning", which I became interested in after seeing the trailer. I believe the film is opening in limited release that day, so I may not get a chance to catch it that weekend.

That may also be the weekend we drive out to Hemet for the day to see a Disney exhibit, though we're not set on which weekend to go yet.


And what about Friday, November 13, 2009? Well, we don't have anything definitely planned yet, but that day might very well be in the middle of a week of us vacationing in town, but it's too early to know for sure yet.

No comments: