Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2009 movie year

Here's the list of movies that I saw in 2009.


new films - 34

"Doubt"
"Gran Torino"
"Taken"
"Coraline"
"Friday the 13th"
"Slumdog Millionaire"
"Push"
"Frost/Nixon"
"Watchmen"
"Race to Witch Mountain"
"Monsters vs. Aliens"
"Fast and Furious"
"Earth"
"Knowing"
"X-Men Origins: Wolverine"
"The Soloist"
"Star Trek"
"Angels & Demons"
"Terminator Salvation"
"Up"
"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"
"Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs"
"G.I. Joe"
"Julie & Julia"
"Adam"
"District 9"
"Extract"
"9"
"Jennifer's Body"
"Surrogates"
"Whip It"
"2012"
"Brothers"
"Ninja Assassin"



reissued films - 4 - I'd not seen "Oliver & Company" or "Pinocchio" before, so this was my first time seeing each film.

"Oliver & Company"
"Pinocchio"
"Toy Story"
"Toy Story 2"


special screening film - 1 - I'd not seen "Tron" before, so this was my first time seeing the film.

"Tron"



The 39 films that I saw in 2009 is fewer than the 47 films that I saw in 2008, but that's still not bad. The films that I found most memorable were "Coraline" (really loved the style and most of the story of the film), "Star Trek" (great contribution to the ongoing saga) and "District 9" (which probably wins for being the film that had the biggest impact on me in 2009).



Here's my post of the movies that I saw in 2008.