Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 was a good movie year

There have been some years in my life when I've seen more films and other years when I've seen very few films. 2008 was definitely a banner year where I was able to see quite a number of films. Here's the count.


new films - 41

"Cloverfield"
"Jumper"
"Charlie Bartlett"
"Vantage Point"
"Horton Hears a Who"
"The Other Boleyn Girl"
"Juno"
"21"
"Forbidden Kingdom"
"Forgetting Sarah Marshall"
"Iron Man"
"Speed Racer"
"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"
"Prince Caspian"
"The Incredible Hulk"
"Wall-E"
"Wanted"
"Get Smart"
"Hellboy II - The Golden Army"
"The Dark Knight"
"Mamma Mia"
"The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor"
"Star Wars: The Clone Wars"
"Tropic Thunder"
"Hamlet 2"
"Death Race"
"The House Bunny"
"Traitor"
"Eagle Eye"
"Lakeview Terrace"
"How to Lose Friends and Alienate People"
"Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist"
"The Express"
"Igor"
"Max Payne"
"Rachel Getting Married"
"Repo! The Genetic Opera"
"The Changeling"
"Bolt"
"Milk"
"The Tale of Despereaux"


reissued films - 5 - I'd not seen "101 Dalmatians" or "The Black Hole" before, so this was my first time seeing both films.

"101 Dalmatians"
"The Little Mermaid"
"WarGames"
"Battlestar Galactica"
"The Black Hole"


special screening film - 1 - This was a theatrical showing of the concert video for Genesis' 2007 tour.

"When In Rome"




So in 2008, I was in theatres to see 47 different screenings. I think "Wall-E" was the only film we saw twice in theatres.

Not a bad year.

No comments: