Wednesday, May 27, 2009

a tale of two franchises - "24" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

24

Information is already coming out about the next season, Jack's eighth bad day, of "24". They used to be in Los Angeles, and they were in Washington D.C. this past year, and next year, they'll be in New York.

Kiefer Sutherland is of course returning, but I'm not sure who else is. I mean, who else is still alive? Chloe, Miles, Tony, Aaron, Kim. Am I missing anyone else important? OK, yeah, I know, but I liked Kim in this season's episodes. She's not the whiny teenager she used to be.

Information was released recently about two new people who will be joining the cast next season.

I remember really liking "Kissing Jessica Stein", though I'd admit I don't remember much about Jennifer Westfeldt, even though she wrote, produced and starred in the movie.


Jennifer Westfeldt, in a picture from December 2008.



I know nothing about John Boyd.


John Boyd, but there's no indication of how old the picture is.



I hadn't previously heard that Anil Kapoor had been cast, but I like him, so that's good news to me. His character has been referred to in other articles as Jack Bauer's counterpart in India.

Chris Diamantopoulos has also been cast as the new Chief of Staff to President Allison Taylor, so that also presumes that Cherry Jones will be returning to reprise her role as Madame President. But doesn't he look a bit young to be a Chief of Staff?


Chris Diamantopoulos in a picture from November 2008.



There doesn't yet seem to be any information about how much time will have passed between day 7 and day 8.




"Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

So Joss Whedon will be busy at work on the second season of "Dollhouse", so what interest would he have regarding "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", right?

Interest or not, that might not matter. There's an article about the rights holders of the property wanting to do another feature film of the franchise, but this would be a re-launch, involving nothing and no one from the television show.

Buffy without Joss and Sarah and the rest of the Scoobys? (Or is that "Scoobies"?)

What would be the point? Maybe someone should just send Echo in to set them straight.

No comments: