Friday, May 15, 2009

80s flashback - Glenn Frey - "You Belong To The City"

I think I've previously mentioned how much I loved "Miami Vice". It was on during my college years, and since it was on Friday nights, I'd take the night off from homework, and I'd plant myself in front of the TV at 10pm to watch the show. (Yeah, I wasn't a partying kind of person in college, so TV was usually about as exciting as it got. But, I did have my own TV in my room, so I didn't have to deal with the masses in the lounge and the group vote of what to watch and having to deal with other people while I watched my show.)

I loved everything about the show - the characters, the look, the stories, the way the show was shot and edited, and especially the music.

One of the most amazing songs from the show was Glenn Frey's "You Belong to the City". Just perfect, so I present that below.

Oh, and here's a really terrific write-up about what made "Miami Vice" great.





Love that wailing sax.

No comments: