Sunday, May 24, 2009

Didn't you used to play Clopin?

The husband and I were in DCA last Sunday, and we were headed towards Off the Page, the collectibles store in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area. We noticed there was a group performing outside the entrance to the nearby Animation Building, and the husband recognized a voice, so we went over to look. There's a smallish show called "Drawn to the Magic" that used to be performed in the backlot stage, but they're out in front of the Animation Building now. And sure enough, we saw a familiar face.





I'll admit that I didn't recognize his voice, and because he looks a bit different now, I didn't immediately recognize him at first, but upon closer watching of the show, it was indeed Jim, the actor we used to know (not "know" in the sense that we were friends with him or anything but "know" in the sense that we saw him in a show a lot) who played Clopin in the former show at Disneyland called "Festival of Fools", which was themed to the animated feature "The Hunchback of Notre Dame". We've seen Jim around the resort in various entertainment positions, and he was even Mayor of Main Street at one point. I don't think I've seen him in a while, so it was interesting to see him again.

Here's the video I took of the last part of the show. Apologies in advance for the quality of the video - I would be the videographer.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is sad that this show is no longer there, and that there is no more Clopin either. This man was amazing. And now I don't know if he even works there anymore :(