Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Slipping Through My Fingers"

Since I've spent most of the night watching the extras on the "Mamma Mia" DVD as well as most of the movie itself, I'm showing a segment of the movie here that someone has uploaded to YouTube.

I can't even begin to say how much I love the song "Slipping Through My Fingers". I cry every time I hear the song in the show. I cried when I heard the song in the movie. I usually cry when I listen to the CD soundtrack of the movie.

I have no kids, much less a daughter, and yet, this song just touches me in ways I can't begin to describe. And with the way that Meryl Streep sings it, not to mention the visuals and how perfect Meryl Streep and Amanda Seyfried are together playing mother and daughter, and especially the nail-painting segment. Yeah, I know, I'm gushing again.

See for yourself.




Are you in tears? I probably am.

No comments: