Sunday, December 28, 2008

Clydesdale snowball fight and chocolate-covered bacon

The Miami Dolphins are in the playoffs; Chad Pennington took them to the playoffs by beating the New York Jets, the team that unceremoniously dumped him for Brett Favre; the Jets are done with football for the season; Brett threw 3 interceptions in the game; and the Detroit Lions made the history books by going 0-16 for the season.

So it's time for odds and ends.

I saw the following commercial today, which I thought was really funny and cute. I have no idea how old the commercial is, but I don't recall seeing it before. Budweiser's Clydesdale commercials are usually pretty stellar.





Someone I follow on Twitter posted a link to a particular confectionery item that I find a bit questionable.





I like bacon. I really like bacon. And I like chocolate. And I even get the sweet/salty combination that can taste really good. I'm just not sure I can wrap my head around bacon and chocolate together. I think of bacon as usually being a little oily, and mixing that with chocolate doesn't seem like a great idea. But I guess if it's dry bacon that's settled some, without very much fat, it might be ok. Or it could make me really sick.

No comments: