Friday, March 6, 2009

"Push" - spoiler movie review

The husband had originally mentioned the film "Push" to me, but I never saw a trailer for it. His description of the trailer he'd seen sounded interesting, and he did want to see the film. From what he said, it sounded like a cross between "X-Men" and the "Star Wars" video game "The Force Unleashed".

And then I saw the one-sheet.



Yeah, if I didn't know any better, I would totally have thought this was a poster for "The Force Unleashed".

Overall, I liked the film. The characters were interesting, as you tried to figure out what each of their abilities were and what hip name they were calling it.

The twists were a bit convoluted and sometimes hard to follow, but that might also be attributed to me not feeling well when I saw the movie, so maybe that made it more difficult for me to follow.

The screaming guys were really annoying, so of course, they had to die. And lollipop girl, yeah, she was annoying and bitchy, and WTF with the lollipop, so she had to die too.

OK, I had figured out ahead of time that the soy sauce would be substituted for the magic liquid at some point, but wouldn't that still be poisonous or at least bad for you if you INJECTED THAT INTO YOUR BODY? I mean, I like soy sauce and all, but ewwww.

I was also curious about seeing Dakota Fanning in a non-child role, and I thought she was quite good. Smarmy but still cute. I'm looking forward to watching her as she grows and she starts playing actual adult roles.



Djimon Hounsou is also in the film, and I really liked him in this, but then, I think I've pretty much liked him in everything I've seen him in, especially "In America".



It's a decent enough movie, but if you missed it in the theatres, that's ok - I think it would make a good film for Netflix.

No comments: