Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Anne as Judy

I liked Anne Hathaway in "The Princess Diaries" and I also liked her in "The Devil Wears Prada", but neither were particularly challenging roles. Her role as Agent 99 in the movie "Get Smart" was a bit different, and I thought she did a good job, but it wasn't until I saw her in "Rachel Getting Married" last year that I was really impressed, since that was a completely different kind of role than I'd seen her in before. And she did an amazing job. Before that movie, I would have been surprised to see the announcement that Anne Hathaway has been chosen to play Judy Garland in a biographical movie, but having seen last year's film, I think Anne has the ability to pull off such a challenging role. I'm curious since the article mentions a "film and stage" adaptation of a Judy Garland biography. But I'm looking forward to seeing what Anne can do with this role.

No comments: