Wednesday, August 6, 2008

wicked chocolate

I got an email from a mailing list I'm subscribed to that had a bunch of information about "Wicked" and different promotions associated with the show. I found the Wicked chocolate promotion to be particularly amusing. I like See's Candies ok, but if I want chocolate and such, they're not my first choice. However, what I find interesting is that the chocolate contained in the special box doesn't appear to be any different than their regular chocolate. The only thing different is the cover art on the front of the box. I'm wondering if people would buy the chocolate simply because of the box design. I'm trying to think if they did a promotion with "Tarzan", would that prompt me to buy it, and I'm pretty sure the answer is no. But then, it doesn't really make sense to do a cross-promotion between "Tarzan" and See's Candies chocolates. I haven't seen "Wicked" (I know, I know, sorry, just not interested.), so I don't know if the promotion makes sense because of something in the show. At least they don't seem to be charging more for the different box design. Both the silver box and the gold thank you box also contain 8 oz. of chocolate and cost $8.60.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the show, but can't think of any relevance to that tie-in.

Sherry said...

I've seen the show twice, and there is NO chocolate mentioned whatsoever. When I received the same e-mail, it surprised me, too...because of the lameness, really.