Sunday, August 3, 2008

2008 Hallmark Christmas ornaments

In mid-July, we went to Hallmark's annual Keepsake Ornament premiere weekend release. Yeah, I know, it was July, and we were buying Christmas ornaments, but that's when Hallmark releases them, so what are we supposed to do? We have a particular Hallmark store that we've been going to for ornament releases, and because there were a few ornaments that were apparently in short supply, we arrived shortly after store opening.

Among the ornaments that we got was this really cute Disney one, pictured below.




I love it because you can see both sides of it, so you can see Minnie's face, but you can also see Mickey's expression, which is just too cute and funny.

Here's a close-up of Mickey's face, where you can better see the reddish color and the dripping sweat.





Among the other ornaments we got was a really cute one with three penguins who have popsicles. There's a button on the back that you can push, and the middle and right penguin pull apart the double popsicle they're holding together. However, I thought that was pretty unfair, because the left penguin has a red double popsicle, and the middle penguin has an orange double popsicle. The right penguin has a green double popsicle, but that's also the one the middle penguin has hold of. When you break them, that means the right penguin only has a solo popsicle while the middle penguin has a double popsicle *and* the other half of the right penguin's popsicle. Popsicle hog!





There's a second penguins ornament that we really liked, but these are playing in the snow. I especially love the penguin making a snow angel - the expression on his face is just too cute.




For some weird reason, I could not for the life of me find this ornament on the Hallmark website. I went through all of the ornaments, and there's no trace of it. It was billed as a special, limited quantity release for the July 12 and 13 release event, and I saw it on a flyer that I received. I looked for a few of the other limited quantity ornaments on the website, and they're not there either, so I don't know what the deal is with those not being on the website.


Another ornament that we really like isn't coming out until October.




Isn't he just the sweetest thing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I must have the Wall-E ornament! It is way too cute. And, yes, I do put up a "winter solstice" tree with quite a few Disney ornaments.