Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Romeland?

I happened upon this story last week. Most people know my affinity for Disney parks and so will know why this article caught my attention. I've never been to Disneyland Paris, which is what the new Rome-themed theme park is supposed to be modeled after, but I don't recall hearing that Disneyland Paris is all that much different in concept than Disneyland or the parks at Walt Disney World. What caught my attention is that they're planning on showing what life was like in Rome 2,000 years ago. I'll admit that I'm not a very good student of history, but I wasn't under the impression that the Rome of 2,000 years ago was necessarily fun and laughs and games or family-friendly, like the attractions they want to build. I find it a bit odd that they're figuring they need some kind of theme park to attract more tourists, never mind all the history and splendor that is in Rome that would be amazing to see and experience.

But then, rather than seeing Vatican City, who wouldn't instead enjoy a nice boat ride through It's a Lions Eat Christians World? Or maybe a nice spin on Who Framed Julius Caesar? Or maybe even taking a raft to Gladiator Island to explore a bit. The possibilities are endless!

No comments: