Thursday, December 6, 2007

my new best friend

I made a new best friend recently. It wasn't something I was looking for or expecting. It just happened. The potential has been there for some time, but I just didn't recognize it, so it just lie there dormant. And then, the friendship sprang to glorious life, and I expect it to blossom.

Here's my new best friend.



I happen to love lychee - fresh better than frozen, but frozen is ok too, and I like desserts and such scented of or tasting like lychee. I had a lychee sorbet a couple years ago. Mmmm, it was delicious. I also like various lychee gummy candies. So when I saw the little bottle of lychee liquer at BevMo (Beverages and More - love that place), I had to get it to try. And then it sat in our cupboard for a while. And then recently, I saw it at BevMo again when we were there on a shopping trip. And the husband reminded me that we had some at home that I'd never tried. So circumstances arose the other night that I tried it. I don't much like the taste of alcohol, and it's not too strong on that, but it's got a nice lychee flavor. So, on our next trip to BevMo, I'm going to get a big bottle of the stuff. I really want to get a bunch of little bottles as well so that I can keep them at work for when I need them, but I'm not sure I'm willing to get fired for drinking on the job...yet.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Thanks for introducing me to your new best friend! Mmmmmm...lychee. I can't wait to introduce your friend to my brother.