Saturday, September 26, 2009

one more week

This time next week, I'll be on a flight to Boston. And am I ready for my quickie trip? No way in heck. Yeah, I've got my flights, and I've got my concert tickets. The friend I'm meeting there has booked our hotel room, and she's also taking care of getting a car.

Do I know what I'm going to be wearing to the concert? No.
Do I know where anything is in proximity to anything else? No.
Have I figured out what I'm doing with Ron Jeremy's book? No.

You'd never believe I'm supposed to be going somewhere in a week, would you, given how unprepared I am, even though it's going to be a really quick trip?


So, this weekend, I've got to try on a couple dresses. I think I have an idea of what I'm wearing to the show, and one thing I did do this past week was to check the weather in Boston for next weekend. It was looking pretty good then, but I just looked again, and they're now forecasting rain for next weekend, which I'm not happy about, but, I'll deal. It just means I have to remember to pack a coat and an umbrella.

I figure I'll stop by AAA this week to get some maps of Boston just so I can familiarize myself a bit, so maybe I can help navigate if need be.

Ron Jeremy's book. I had thought about doing a new cover with Kevin's picture on it, but I'm not that good, and at this point, I don't have the time. And really, I don't think Kevin wants an actual copy of the book himself. Explaining that to his wife and daughters would be interesting. So, I think I'm going to put a generic kind of cover on it (just so I'm not obviously carrying around Ron's autobiography), and I'll see if I can get Kevin to sign it for me, if they have a meet and greet.


I won't need to pack until next Saturday morning, as long as I've figured out what all I'm wearing while I'm actually in Boston and not at the concert, which should pretty much just be Sunday. I have types of clothes that I like to wear on the times when I'm on a plane, so that shouldn't be hard to figure out. I do need to buy one more thing before the trip.

The husband will be taking me to the airport very early and dropping me off. I'll just need things to amuse myself with on the airplane, and hopefully, I'll be able to take advantage of their free wi-fi, if we can figure out how to get my phone to do that.

The friend will be picking me up from the airport in Boston. We'll just need to figure out where to have some dinner before the concert.

Our flight out of Boston on Sunday isn't until the evening, so we can have some time in the day to do something at least.


I'm looking forward to this trip, even though I still can't believe I'm actually going - and it's not to see Phil or Peter or Genesis! It's for a different set of 5 boys this time.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I'm thinking that maybe you should get a picture of Kevin doing the Ron Jeremy pose from the book cover. Then you can give him whatever at the Malibu show. At least you'd have the beginnings of the project, and you'll have more time to finish it.

I can't believe it's only a week away. Going shopping tomorrow. YAY!