Tuesday, September 30, 2008

"Terminator Salvation" - theatrical trailer

I had noticed some mention of the trailer for "Terminator Salvation" being available online, so when we were seeing "Eagle Eye" on Sunday, I was hoping we'd get that trailer in front of the movie. It seemed to be a good genre match, and it's a new movie - I didn't expect to see that trailer in front of "The House Bunny" - and it might have gone ok with "Traitor", but that movie has been out for a while with a smaller viewing audience now, so it didn't really make sense to show in front of that movie either. But "Eagle Eye" - perfect. But not so much - we didn't get the trailer. I was bummed. [OK, I just went to the official website, and it says the trailer played in front of "The Dark Knight" at the end of July. Ummm, yeah, thanks, saw that movie ages ago!]

So I had to watch the trailer online after all.

Here's the trailer.

I have to keep in mind that it's only a teaser trailer, because I want to see so much more, but really, I should actually stop listening to any more information about the movie so that I won't get spoilers. I already know it's about John Connor's fight - that's all I need to know. I do love that they cut the trailer to the familiar strains of the theme song.

Christian Bale is playing John Connor, but I didn't know that Anton Yelchin is playing Kyle Reese. I absolutely loved him in "Charlie Bartlett", and I'm interested in seeing his portrayal of Chekov in the next "Star Trek" movie. But does he look like Christian Bale's father? And no, that's *not* a spoiler! If you don't know by now that Kyle Reese is John Connor's father, then you have no business in this franchise.


The film opens May 22, 2009. I think this is going to be one of those movies where I have to go to the opening night/midnight-ish screening.

No comments: