Saturday, September 13, 2008

interesting cover of Genesis

Someone on a mailing list I'm on shared a link to this video of what they call an "indoor drumline" doing a medley of a few Genesis songs. It sounds pretty cool. I like the tone at the beginning of the set better though, which is just cleaner. I thought it was cheating to have the guitar for the "Firth of Fifth" solo - I would have liked to have seen how they handled it otherwise. And then after that, it became more of a regular song, sounding more like the real song rather than the stylized version in the beginning. Still fun to watch and listen to though.


1 comment:

AB said...

If you dig out of the ordinary interpretations, you should check out The Lakewood Project. I reviewed them a few years ago (read about it here: http://www.popmatters.com/music/concerts/l/lakewood-project-060127.shtml. There are some low quality YouTube vids floating around as well.