Wednesday, May 7, 2008

ultimate Wall-E toy



In this entry, I made reference to a friend's blog entry about some cool new upcoming merchandise of Wall-E. Well, there's now footage available from Maker Faire that shows the ultimate Wall-E toy. Here's the link to pictures and video of that Wall-E.

It was interesting to read the U.S. comments. I agree that the video doesn't show that much of what Wall-E can actually do, but I don't care. He is just the epitome of CUTE-NESS. The friend who sent me this link has been in love with Wall-E since she saw the first teaser trailer, and it took me a while longer, but I'm right there with her now. I think it's the eyes. So I would probably be content to just stare at him. But movement and other abilities - that would just be icing on the cake. However, I do agree with the sentiment in the first comment about wanting a version that retracts into a box. I loved when they showed Wall-E doing that in one of the trailers/TV spots because he got frightened. Again, CUTE-NESS in action.

I think it's funny that a lot of the comments are about getting the toy to use as a base and then adding stuff to convert it into something more (or different, like the hunter-killer). Note the third-from-the-bottom comment, from Marco. I've heard rumour about that too - I can't wait to see it!

9:15pm - edited to add: OK, here's a better post on the ultimate Wall-E toy with a much better video.

Want. Now.

No comments: