Wednesday, May 14, 2008

cupcakes, anyone?

A friend sent me this link for a cupcake challenge being held this Sunday. She brought it to my attention because if you click on the "competitors" link, you'll see that MILK is included. I'm not a big cupcake fan, mostly because I usually find the frosting to be too plentiful and too sweet, but the mini-cupcake sounds interesting. I don't remember seeing cupcakes at MILK before, but then, it's been a while since I've actually been there, and it doesn't surprise me that they'd have them. At MILK, I'd probably be more willing to have a cupcake.

I considered going to the cupcake challenge for a second - until I saw the $60 price tag. I'm presuming that's partly because they're serving "free flowing wine" and partly because of where they're holding it. However, it's too pricey for me for something I'm not all that fond of just to stalk MILK, especially when I'll be there next week.

I'm a little surprised that Sprinkles isn't a competitor. People at work have gotten goodies from Sprinkles for parties of various sorts, and people seem to really like them. Cupcakes seem to be fairly popular now. When we were in New York a couple years ago, there were quite a few little stores dedicated to only making cupcakes. I remember seeing a cupcake place in Costa Mesa (across from the South Coast Plaza) the last time we were in the area - ahh, here it is. As I looked in the window, the cupcakes looked pretty cute. I think I'm more a fan of looking at cupcakes than eating them.

Anyway, I thought I'd mention this for anyone who's a cupcake-and-wine fan.

No comments: