Sunday, May 18, 2008

"I am NOT a cuties man!"

As I've previously mentioned, we were in Las Vegas over Easter weekend, and we spent some time at the Hilton Hotel, which has a whole section themed to Star Trek, including a restaurant and a store. I always like to browse around the store to see what cool new merchandise they might have. And I sure found some. But instead of having anything to bring home, a picture is all I have.



(For those uninitiated, from left to right is an Andorian, Bajoran, Ferengi, Vulcan, Orion, Klingon, Borg, and a Cardassian. No Romulan, but it might have been difficult to differentiate between cuties versions of a Vulcan and a Romulan. And interesting that there's no human.)

They had t-shirts with this logo on it, and I absolutely love it. Disney has a whole line of merchandise using characters in the cuties form, and I love that line. So how cool is it to have cutie Trek characters, labeled with "a small universe" no less?

You know what would have been even cooler? IF THEY'D MADE THESE FRICKIN' T-SHIRTS IN ADULT SIZES AS WELL AND NOT JUST KIDS' SIZES!!!!!!! Apparently, they have more in common with Disney than I thought.

I love that the Cardassian is included, but my favorite is the Borg. Awww, cuties Borg! A few of the characters had their own individual t-shirts, and the Borg was one of them. I so wanted one. But even the large or extra-large (I forget which size it was) kids' shirt that I held up was so not going to fit me, and Thumper already has enough clothes to wear. (Some of you will understand what that means. The rest of you will just figure I'm being totally weird. Again.) If they'd made the t-shirts in adult sizes, I probably would have bought the Borg one and the entire cast one.

But, I went to Vegas, and all I got was that frickin' picture.

No comments: