Sunday, January 27, 2008

Who needs writers?

With the new deal made between producers and directors, there's hope that the over-two-months-long writers' strike will shortly be coming to an end. Many shows have no new episodes, and networks are relying on a lot of reality programming.

A friend sent me a link some time ago, but I finally got around to watching it.

I remember when I used to spend HOURS playing tetris. Mike Okuda once joked at a convention that it was a weapon launched by the Russians to seriously decrease productivity in the States. There's apparently even one scene in Next Generation where on the background computer screen, a tetris piece can be seen falling. No, I haven't seen it for myself, and I can't remember which episode it's in.

Anyway, what if you made a variation of tetris but made it with real people? I recommend watching the whole video, which is a little over 4 minutes long. I just found myself laughing harder as it progressed. The spacesuit type outfits were funky.





How about an American version of this show? I'd watch it!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Ellen was having audience members play this on her show. Here's a video of Howie Mandel, who had no idea what to expect.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4001601293746800715

Cindy said...

OK, that was too funny!

Anonymous said...

..and I thought games shows here in the U.S. were weird....