Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Sixth Amendment

"In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed."

That might be me soon. No, not the one on trial - one of the people on the jury.

I was originally scheduled for jury duty the week before Christmas, but that was a seriously bad time, so I decided to postpone and pretty much arbitrarily picked the week of January 28. My jury service this time was on a call-in basis, so I didn't end up having to go in on Monday or Tuesday. But when I called on Tuesday, the recording said I did have to go in on Wednesday, bright and early at 8am. Ugh.

8am is bad enough, so what am I doing up now? Well, that's a completely different topic.

I'll post an update later today after I get home.

No comments: