Friday, January 11, 2008

Home Grown goodness

We discovered the Home Grown line a few years ago. We saw some of the figurines in a Hallmark store, and I thought some were cute and some were weird. Well, a lot more have come out in the line. Let me share some of my favorites with you.




This horseradish seal is the only one I've purchased for myself. I only saw it a couple months ago, and it was just too cute.





I'd not seen this one before, but a friend got this eggplant porpoise for me. I think it would have been billed better as a killer whale, except for the coloring, because the shape resembles more of a killer whale than a porpoise or dolphin, but I still think it's really cute.





This is another gift from the same friend. I'd seen the radish polar bear before but hadn't picked it up, so it's a nice addition to my polar bear collection.





This potato hippo is something that we bought for a friend. Pretty cute, huh?





I saw this corn seahorse just before Christmas and had to pick it up for a friend who likes seahorses.





I picked up this starfruit starfish for the same friend. I had thought about getting it for myself, but it went really well with the ocean theme, so I got it for her instead.





This banana octopus was one of the first figurines I'd seen. Cute and ingenious.





These carrot rabbits were also in the first batch that I saw. I loved that they were cute and that they made the animal from one of the food that it eats.





This pineapple turtle is a favorite of mine as well because I think it's a great usage of the fruit.





I think these peapod caterpillars are just adorable.





I just saw this online recently, and I think I'm going to have to pick it up. I absolutely love brussel sprouts, and the fish looks cute.





I saw these strawberry hens, and they look pretty funny. Not something I'm going to pick up, but I still like them.





I think this is good use of grapes to make a poodle. Weird colored dog, though.





This kiwi mouse is kind of interesting.





This cucumber alligator is cool but creepy. Good use of the fruit.





I laughed when I saw this. Who even knows what durian is, and a hedgehog isn't exactly the most well-known animal either, so I guess it's a good match. (Tangent: I like durian ok. Some people don't like it because it has a very strong odor and taste. I don't mind it if it's fresh, but if it's remotely not, it's awful.)





This is billed as a zucchini frog, but it looks more like it's made from a small cucumber to me.



Each figurine comes in a little box that has a really cute "nutrition label" on it. It also has a little line at the bottom that says "Ingredients: resin".

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Are you willing to sell your Durian Hedghog? I know you posted this in 2008. But I'm hoping you still have it and are willing to part with it? Please let me know if you are interested.

Cindy said...

I don't own a durian hedgehog - I just included a picture of it in the story. However, I know of a store that sells the Home Grown merchandise line. I don't know if they have this particular piece, but you could contact them to ask.

It's CharmingShoppe in Orange, CA.

http://www.charmingshoppe.com/


Good luck in your search.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the info!

Sarah Salewski said...

Hi there
I know this is an old post but was wondering if you would be willing to see the eggplant porpoise homegrown.
Thanks,
Sarah

Sarah Salewski said...

sell not see. LOL!