Monday, January 28, 2008

Is that birthday cake made out of Legos?



Today marks the 50th birthday of the Lego brick. I've loved Legos since I was a little kid. I didn't have a lot of toys, especially name-brand ones, but I had a box of mixed Lego bricks, and I loved playing with them. There were never enough bricks, of course, but that was the only problem. They used to have windows that you could open and roof tiles, but I haven't seen those in years. As an adult, it just means I can afford more Legos. :)


Even Google is joining in the celebration today.





Here's a Lego shop that I heard about today. You can buy, rent, have parties and even take classes! Redondo Beach is a bit of a pain to get to, but I might have to pay a visit just to check it out.


I also found this site about a Lego birthday cake. The picture below is taken from her site. She also has this site about a Lego wedding cake. I love the views of the "slices" taken out and the "yellow cake" underneath. Incredible.


1 comment:

Sherry said...

Like the title!

Wow....those cakes and stuff are awesome.