Monday, February 1, 2010

Razzie nominations for 2009

The Golden Raspberry Award nominations - better known as the Razzies - were released, and topping the list this year with 7 nominations each were "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" and "Land of the Lost".

Some of the nominations are listed below. The full list is on the link above.


Worst Picture
All About Steve
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Land of the Lost
Old Dogs
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen


While I didn't care all that much for "Transformers 2" and I had my issues with "G.I. Joe", I didn't dislike either enough to have put them on the list of worst movies of the year.


Worst Actor - I didn't see any of those films.


Worst Actress - I saw both of Megan Fox's films, and while I agree that her performance in "Transformers 2" was awful, I thought she was fine in "Jennifer's Body", but then, I thought it was a pretty decent film for what it was. I mean, yeah, she wasn't playing Mother Theresa, but she made for a good possessed high-schooler. I'm kind of giggling at the nomination for Sarah Jessica Parker though - the trailers for that film looked awful.


Worst Supporting Actor - I think the nomination for Marlon Wayans in "G.I. Joe" is way off-base. I'm not a fan of his, but he was actually pretty good in the film.


Worst Supporting Actress - Didn't see most of the films. I didn't think Sienna Miller was *awful* in "G.I. Joe".


The nominations this year aren't speaking to me as much as last year, probably because I didn't see most of the films that were nominated. I do think that the "worst of the decade" nominations for film, actor and actress are pretty funny though.

No comments: