Sunday, August 9, 2009

Verapalooza

So I went to an open house today at the location of my Vera Bradley pusher. There was a drive to collect school supplies for local kids, there were a couple of sales going on, I had a good time talking to people, and I got to see some of the new patterns and styles coming out in the fall.

And I did manage to buy two things, but they were small. There were two other things I wanted, but one hadn't arrived yet, and one was out of stock, so I have to wait for them to get more.







This is the Hannah style in the Jave Blue pattern. (And I even got it at 50% off the regular price!) I have a couple things in the Java Blue pattern that were giveaways, and I rather like the design. I have another purse in the Hannah style, but I decided I liked this one too, and I'm trying to get myself over the notion that I can only use this kind of purse if I'm going somewhere fancy. It's a cute little purse, and it'll force me not to carry too many things around, so I'm going to try to use it on a more regular basis.







This is the new Blue Rhapsody pattern that I really like. The other purse in this pattern that I had thought about buying turned out to be a lot bigger than I expected, so I didn't get it. I was looking for a particular little purse today because of something that I'm doing this week, and I think this is going to work out really well.



I really like one of the patterns that will be coming out with the Fall collection, though I can't remember what it's called. The picture below doesn't quite properly represent how pretty the pattern is - all the pictures I took made the pattern look a lot more orange than it is and didn't really show the pinks and reds the way they really looked, but I think you'll at least get an idea.




There was one purse style I was looking at today in the Blue Rhapsody, but I decided not to buy it. I think I might get it in this new pattern come Fall.




And then after the event, I ran a couple of errands and then wandered around the Disney Character Warehouse in Fullerton to have a look. And lookie what I found there.




Sure looks like a Vera, doesn't it? But I felt the fabric, and it wasn't nearly as soft.

No comments: