Monday, October 1, 2007

"Desperate Housewives" and "Heroes"

"Desperate Housewives" - A good start to the new season. Bree with the whole baby thing was pretty funny. You knew something was going to happen. The bbq fork was pretty intense. Interesting to have her admit that she knows what kind of kids she's raised (at least in her daughter). Kudos to Felicity Huffman for having almost no makeup on to show the effects of the chemo on Lynette. The look on the faces of the other women when they saw her bald was priceless. I'm not all that invested in the story of Gabrielle and her rich husband, nor do I care all that much about her and Carlos, or Carlos and Edie for that matter, but psycho-Edie who won't let Carlos go and almost killed herself in her ploy is kinda interesting. Susan's complete insecurity made me laugh every time she told Mike "we're doomed". I loved Dana Delaney and look forward to seeing more of her. The last scene in the show made me literally scream at the TV because I want to know more. What happened in that attic? Why did they have no choice but to move back? What's with the daughter not remembering anything or it not even being the same girl? (At first, I thought it was some kind of Stepford thing. But then, all of Wisteria Lane has a kind of "Tales from the Dark Side" version of Stepford feel to it.) And why did they leave in the middle of the night? Oh, and I really like Julie.

"Heroes" - I enjoyed tonight's episode. Between the Japanese, Spanish and French, I think more of the show was subtitled than not! Still tickles me about that. Interesting about the twins - one kills and one heals. Wonder twin powers activate, my word. At the end of last season, I wasn't happy about where Hiro ended up, but I'm rather liking the story, and the Cyrano-esque tale is kinda interesting too. But I couldn't figure out if Hiro healed the gaijin or if the gaijin healed himself. And I think it's getting into one of those weird time-travel paradoxes where Hiro really was the Japanese hero that he learned about when he was a child. Oh, and I forgot to mention - I love seeing Stephen Tobolowsky. He's been in a bunch of stuff, but he's most memorable for me from "Sneakers". "Passport"!

No comments: