Monday, October 15, 2007

And you put up with this why?

"She used to sneak alcohol into the food she made for me when I was pregnant with my DD [Dear Daughter] and then pretend she did not realize that alcohol was bad for a developing fetus. But that made no sense because when she was guessing that I was pregnant before we announced it, she said she figured as much as I was not having any wine at the wedding we were at, so she did know that alcohol is not good for a developing fetus after all."

This was posted by someone on a board that I read, about her mother-in-law. After something like this, how do you continue having a relationship with this person? How do you even continue contact? It's not an "oh, she made an honest mistake and didn't know better and she couldn't be more remorseful". No, she's a malicious bitch who is trying to harm and/or kill your baby, her grandchild! And you allow her to have the opportunity to continue having the chance to do it again? It doesn't matter who does such a thing, friends, family, whatever. Heck, someone who does that should no longer be considered friend or family, biology notwithstanding.

And if your mother did that to your wife and your baby-in-the-womb, do you also let it slide? What kind of explanation actually works for you where you forgive such a thing?

I'll admit that there's a lot that I don't put up with that others do, mostly because I'm just done, but this is one of those where I just don't get how you look the other way.

No comments: