Thursday, April 17, 2008

it's not quite swimming with the dolphins

OK, first off, let me just say that I have no idea what the hell this is supposed to be or where it's from. Someone posted the link, and I just thought it was entirely too cool not to talk about. The term "piranha sanctuary" just makes my brain do somersaults trying to get the mental picture to work right. And yes, the sign has a spelling error.

I'd pay for spectator seats, but I'd pass on the attraction itself for two reasons: 1) waterslides aren't my thing anyway and 2) I'm terrified of piranha (that is, the voraciously carnivorous bitey fish, not the really funny movie [I had no idea that Joe Dante directed that!] or the really awful sequel [I *did* know that James Cameron directed that.]).

I have no idea what the site is actually for. I've browsed through and found some funny stuff, but it's a mishmash of actual pictures, stories, one-liners, faked pictures, copies of comics and a whole bunch of other stuff, so I have no idea what the deal is with the first link I posted. I love this sign. I'm curious as to what kind of shop it is. And I *LOVE* this cat carrier. The wholesome picture of the family as dad carries the cat in the carrier is just too frickin' funny. Oh, yeah, and there's a spelling error on that ad as well.

I thought posting the first link was apropos since we were at a restaurant in the last week where the host told us that the establishment was a "restaurant and petting zoo". We thought that was pretty funny.

No comments: