Thursday, July 10, 2008

Downey, Jr. gets elementary

I happened across this article today which states that Robert Downey, Jr. will be playing none other than the iconic Sherlock Holmes in a film set to begin shooting in October. There's apparently another Sherlock Holmes movie in the works at a competing studio, this one a comedy starring Sacha Baron Cohen as Holmes and Will Ferrell as Watson. I think I'm going to pass on that one. But Robert as Sherlock - I'm there.

I've already seen Robert Downey, Jr. in three films this year - "Charlie Bartlett", "Iron Man", and "The Incredible Hulk". I can't wait to see him in "Tropic Thunder" in August, but I think I might have to pass on "The Soloist" in October. It depends on what the trailers look like and how much I might like Robert in it, because I'm really not a fan of Jamie Foxx.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.