Friday, September 21, 2007

Yep, that's on the side alright.

Whenever I have salad, I tend to ask for the dressing on the side. I find that most establishments put way too much dressing on salad, and as you get nearer to the bottom of the dish, you're basically having salad soup, which I hate.

A number of years ago, a co-worker and I went to the food court of a nearby mall for lunch. We each went to separate stalls and agreed to meet at a table in the middle. I ended up getting my food first and so was already seated when I saw her approach the table with her food. I also noticed that she was laughing quite a bit. After she sat down, it took her a minute or two to calm down enough to tell me what had happened.

She had gotten something that came with salad, and she had asked for the dressing on the side. So the person helping her very carefully put the dressing container up against the side of the plate and poured the dressing so that it dripped down the side of the plate to the bottom. She was so astounded that she didn't protest and just took her plate to leave.

It's definitely a story I've never forgotten.

No comments: