Monday, September 17, 2007

Segway and me - a love story.

Segways are being used by some of the security personnel at the Baltimore airport (BWI)! I *love* Segways. When we were at Walt Disney World this past January, the husband wanted to take the Segway tour of Epcot. I was hesitant because I didn't know if I would be able to manage the thing, but I agreed to try. It did take a few minutes for me to get acclimated as to how it works, but once I "got it" (you know, like with those 3-D pictures that you have to figure out how to make your eyes see a picture in the blob?), it clicked really well, and I *loved* zipping around Epcot in it. I was even good enough that I was able to stop and wait a couple times when people would step into the path I was taking, and I loved the little obstacle course they had for us. The tour ended so fast, and for the rest of the day and really the rest of the trip when we were in Epcot, I was so envious of the CMs who got to ride them all day as part of their job. There are a few places in Southern California that offer Segway tours as well, so we may try them out sometime.

No comments: