Friday, February 5, 2010

from a distance

There are times when the geographical distance from a friend means you can't do what you'd really like to do. All the electronic devices that are now available to us mean that it's easy to keep in touch, but as of yet, there has been no electronic equivalent of a hug that has been invented.

Today, a friend will be going to his mother's funeral. Her passing wasn't unexpected - the family knew for a while that this was coming - but that doesn't make it any easier for them. He knows that I'm thinking of him, and there's not much I could really have done for him if I'd been able to go, but I still wish I could be there. However, I know that he and his family will be surrounded by people who love them and who will give them whatever support they need, so I'm just sending my prayers and hugs and love and support to those that will be with them.

No comments: