Sunday, November 2, 2008

sympathy

Most people have probably heard by now the horrific tragedies that have hit the family of Jennifer Hudson, with public services held today. I don't know Jennifer Hudson or her family. I've heard of her name because she was on "American Idol" and because she was in "Dreamgirls", but I'm not a fan or follower of hers. I'm not even entirely sure that I'd recognize a picture of her. But I can't imagine what she must be going through right now, with the deaths of her mother, her brother, and her nephew.

I know that people all over the country and all over the world lose loved ones every minute, and there really isn't anything that necessarily makes this particular situation worse than many others that have occurred. This one has just received more attention because of Jennifer. But that doesn't make this situation any less sad, and it doesn't make the grief I'm sure she's feeling any less either.

I can't imagine what she must be going through right now. She was on such a high, and to come crashing down to this level must be unthinkable. And I'm sure she'd give up any fame and fortune she has enjoyed if it would bring back her mother, brother and nephew.

The nephew's step-father has been in custody since the bodies were found. I don't know if he did it. I just hope that whoever committed these horrible crimes is brought to justice, and my thoughts and prayers go out to Jennifer and her sister, who is mother to the slain child, and their family and friends.

No comments: